How To Make A Profit From Betting On Horse Racing


How many times have you heard the phrase, "it's a mugs game"? A lot of times I suggest? And that phrase is almost always associated with horse racing, betting and getting out on the favourite. And, do you know what? I agree.
It is a mugs game more often than not. Why? It is quite simple really. The average punter is not a disciplined punter. He has a pocket full of money and bets a small stake on the first horse. It wins!! Great, he is in profit. Does he stop betting? Of course not! He is on a winning streak! So, the next bet is placed with a larger stake. Usually the next stake is the winnings from the first bet plus the original stake, and the bet loses. Got to have another bet now because that loser was a little unlucky in running, or the jockey waited too long before mounting a challenge or any other reason that can be taken from an endless list of reasons. And so the day goes on, as with most punters, no discipline, no betting bank, no proven method of picking out horses with reasonable chances, no staking plan and so they end up betting on the favourite to "get them out". Absolutely crazy! But this scenario, or very close to it, happens daily to punter after punter.
That is why you don't see a poor bookmaker! Another very well worn cliche but, again, so true. Bettors do not know how to bet, it is as simple and straightforward as that. How do I know this to be true? Because I used to be that punter. I was alongside 98% of bettors who lose on a regular basis. What a statistic. Just 2% of bettors, long - term, show a profit. Do you recognise yourself in this scenario? Read the above again and be honest with yourself. Now do you see yourself? Yes? I thought so! Now, believe it or not, I got lucky. My passion has been horse racing for more than 40 years, and I eventually got tired of losing.
I had a wealth of knowledge, but I couldn't piece it together. It was like a 1000 piece jigsaw all jumbled up in the box. I needed to step back and make this jigsaw into a masterpiece! It took some time, a lot of discipline and courage, but I did it. I can now say, honestly, that I am in the 2% of bettors who make a profit, long - term. And I was back enjoying the sport that I had loved for so many years.
So, as a piece of advice to you, let me say... step back from what you are doing and try to piece your jigsaw together in a different way. You might just be like me and have all the pieces, but not in the right order. It can be done! Good luck!

0 comments:

إرسال تعليق